Saturday, April 17, 2010

Finally have a court date...

This isn't a final court date that results in dissolving the marriage, but it is to get a judge to approve a temporary parenting plan. The date is set for May 3rd at 9:30 am. I had sent the other party copies of the legal paperwork I'd filed - amended parenting plan, statement for my parenting plan, and notice of court date. That should have arrived at his place yesterday, whether he has it I don't know, but I'll just sit back and wait to see.

For now I'll just keep living my life the way I have been, seeing Nicolas from Friday after he gets out of school until the following Monday morning when he leaves for school. Which reminds me that I need to get Nic's medicaid coupon in his backpack so he'll have it on Thursday for his dental cleaning appointment.

It has taken me this long because I have been waiting to talk to legal counsel first, which I did the day before I filed. Saw the lawyer on the 14th, filed and mailed the paperwork to Steve on the 15th.

The 90 day period that's required to get a divorce in the state of WA ends on May 10th. If Steve doesn't fit at the hearing regarding the parenting plan, I'll see how soon we can get a hearing for the divorce.


The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter, but that doesn't mean a landslide won't happen before I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment