Sunday, April 24, 2011

Broken Ankle Woes

I broke my left ankle on April 18, 2011. I had fallen down the stairs in my townhouse apartment and landed on the ankle. Ouch... it hurt quite a bit. There was much confusion in the beginning about whether it was sprained or indeed broken (fractured). There wasn't all the bruising that is normally associated with a break, so my friend said she thought it was just sprained. That night I went to the ER and had it x-rayed. It WAS (IS) broken, they put me in a half cast/splint and sent me home with the referral to the orthopedic surgeon. I call in the morning, got foot put in a cast from just below my knee to my toes on my left foot, with orders not to put my full weight on the foot for at least a month. I see the surgeon in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment