Friday, October 26, 2018

10 days on HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy).

My voice is getting deeper and it's noticeable to me. I am pitchy at times, but I know that's normal.

My follow-up appointment with the Endo is supposed to happen in January. I'm supposed to get a blood draw for fasting blood work a week before I go in.

I hope to hear about scheduling top surgery by early November. I'm just so ready to get it done.

I know, impatient me. I've only been wanting to get this done since I realized that being trans gender is a real thing in 2009, though I didn't have insurance to do anything until 2015.

I got a total hysterectomy in November of 2015. I also started to find information regarding other parts of transitioning, but didn't find anything until June of 2016.

Things got derailed when Tom was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in August 2016, then he was told it was terminal 2 weeks later. He passed away in March of 2017, 7 months after diagnosis.

I tried to continue looking for information, looking for a gender therapist, but no luck. I decided to devote most of my energy to spending time with Tom, who passed away on 11 March 2017.

After a year of mourning, I slipped and fell in my kitchen and hit my head on something, giving me a concussion.

Before the fall I had made an appointment with my PCP to get the ball rolling for my medical transition. I'd already been wearing men's casual clothes for many years, including a chest binder since 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment