Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just a rant.

It has been three weeks since I broke my finger, I feel like I will have to have surgery on it to get full mobility back. But what do I know, I'm not a doctor, I'm just a patient. I'm just tired of wearing this stupid splint, I'm tired of my husband being no help to me. In fact, this afternoon he ranted and raved at me about MY not helping him when he asked me to do something for him.

WHAT?!? Didn't I ask him to help me out after breaking my finger? Don't I ask him to help me out around the house with things I can't do myself, but get no help from him? Why couldn't he have done what he supposedly asked me to do? I had just woken up from a nap and was just starting to eat lunch, something he had already done himself. I didn't hear him ask me to do what he wanted

I ask him for help because I can't do everything he thinks I should be able to do, because I do have advancing Multiple Sclerosis and don't have the energy to clean up after all of us, all of the time. He's freaking 40 years old and should be able to clean up after himself. Why do I have to pick up his empty soda bottles when he empties them and leaves them around the house? Why do I have to be the one to take out the trash? Right now I can't do the dishes... it's nearly impossible to do with only one hand, we don't have a dish washer, they have to be done by hand.   

If we had a washer and dryer I would be able to do the laundry... but he gave mine away with the promise to buy me a new set... but here it is 2.5 years later and we're having to go to the laundry mat to do laundry. I don't drive, so I can't just take the clothes there myself. You wouldn't want me on the road with you, so don't suggest that. Do you really want to be on the road with a driver who is having a panic attack during random moments? 

No comments:

Post a Comment