Thursday, September 17, 2009

Something that irritates the stuffing out of me- plus happy anniversary

I get this email message from the NMSS (National Multiple Sclerosis Society) and it talks about the effects of smoking on people with MS. How people with MS who smoke their bad habit makes their MS worse.

I am NOT a smoker, never have been, never will be! So what happened to ME, why is MY MS getting worse? Diet soda? Oh hell no! I don't drink that stuff. Because I got Mono as a teen? Umm.... nope, not me. I started getting weird symptoms that couldn't be explained before I was a teenager. Suffered from depression since grade school. At 15 I started having back pains from knotted up muscles that I was getting for seemingly no reason. After testing my doctor told us it was from stress.

At 19 I was told I had carpal tunnel syndrome... by 20 I was tested and told that I didn't have it. Finally, after many other mysterious things happening to me I finally see a doctor and get told I have MS when I'm 29 years old. Now I'm 40, it's been 11 years since I first found out. Today is the anniversary of when I found out. It's been 11 years, I'm still walking thanks to the meds I've taken in the past and what I take today.

No comments:

Post a Comment